Saturday, March 20, 2010

Some of the children sharing their treasure


This hat belonged to
Nana who lived in Te Puke. She used to wear the hat when she played lawn bowls . It is special to my family because my Nana died and now my Grandma looks after it. The badges around the hat are from the different competitions that she played in.





The Edmond Cook Book
This book belonged to my Great Grandma who lived in Canterbury. The book is special to my family because she wrote personal recipes in it. It was published in 1959, my favourite recipe is the Picklet recipe found on page 11. You should try it!!



















The Gough Challenge Cup
The cup got awarded 100 years ago in Courtney, Canterbury New Zealand.
The Gough Challenge Cup was awarded for farming but I'm not sure exactly for what. The cup was won by my Great Grand father (William Warden McClelland) and his brother.
By Mitchell





Thanks Ben. What famous ancestors.
Here is some sheet music that Ben's Great, Great Grand Mother used when she played in The Royal Albert Hall in the mid 1930's. She was only 16 years old. Fantastic.




1 comment:

  1. Watching everyone sharing their treasures was really interesting

    ReplyDelete